Adult Day Program
The Trinity Village Adult Day Program is a non-profit community service-oriented day program for seniors. It consists of a variety of organized and supervised group activities addressing the needs of seniors within the community.
Trinity Village Adult Day Program is designed for seniors, 55+ residing within the boundaries of Waterloo-Wellington LHIN, who may have a chronic illness, physical and/or cognitive challenges. Clients younger than 55 years may be considered dependent upon individual circumstances.
The program runs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., at a cost of $8 dollars a day. Transportation is facilitated with each client based on individual needs (i.e. Community Support Connections, Mobility Plus, Waterloo Home Support..etc).
Trinity Village Adult Day Program can accommodate individuals with varied cognitive and/or physical limitations through utilization of both large group and small group activities. Large group activities consist of singing, exercise, trivia, discussion groups…etc. Smaller group programs are cognitively focused and relate to individual interests and abilities (i.e., cards, table games, baking, horticulture, puzzles..etc). Attendees with similar ability levels and interests are grouped together.
- A thorough assessment of each participant prior to entering the program
- Experienced professional staff consisting of Recreational Therapists and a Personal Support Worker
- A variety of therapeutic recreation programs appropriate to the abilities and interests of each participant
- Morning coffee, tea and nutritious lunch
- Caregivers are welcome to attend
- Family members are invited to attend a monthly caregiver support group facilitated by a registered social worker
We aim to embrace our participants with respect and courtesy and contribute to their overall well-being and quality of life to assist in aging at home.
If you are interested in attending the program please contact Mary-Kay Chomitz at email@example.com or Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) at 519-748-2222.
One participant's wife called to "thank staff for the program because it was so wonderful to see her husband laughing and smiling and enjoying life again."